Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Had To Catch'em All - 151 Pokemon caught including Mew. April Fools by Google

Gotta Catch'em All!

I like to think of April 1st as internet avoidence day. Most April Fools gags are telegraphed and not funny, but occasionally you find a bit of WIN. Think Geek usually does pretty well as does Google. April 1st 2014 was won by Google this year, hands down as 150 + 1 hidden Pokemon invaded Google Maps. While Pokemon is normally my wifes domain I decided to go on a hunt this year and catch'em all. I caught'em all. (Note Mew - cannot be found until you have the first 150 Pokemon)

Wild NERD appeared!


The video below gives you all the details. I am not sure how much longer you will be able to hunt, but if you hit the search bar in your Google Maps App and scroll down to the bottom you will find the Pokedex and The Pokemon Lab. 


Happy Hunting
~Johnny~


1 comment:

  1. Hey can you still find pokemon on maps? I just caught Mew 2 days ago (so the game was extended past April 1st) and the next time I looked at google maps the pokedex and pokemon lab were gone.

    ReplyDelete