Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 1: Haunted House for Atari

Day 1: Haunted House - Atari


Haunted House came out for the Atari in 1982, but I didn't lay hands on it until 1984 (I was 5 or 6). I was at a friends house and we snuck on to his dads Atari to play. I remember look at the box and thinking "this is creepy, I really want to play this". The darkness, spiders, and thunder & lightning effects really made this game for me. Your goal in this game was to put together 3 pieces of an urn hidden about the haunted house.. Even though I do not collect for Atari, when I started collecting video games this was one of the first games I purchased. A sequel to this game was put out in 2010 on the Wii as a physical disc and Xbox live arcade as a download. That game was okay but the cutesy cover just does not compare to the original box art, which is still one of my favorites.

The memory of playing Haunted House is still pefectly etched into my mind, which is why it the measuring stick for all horror based games I play.

30 More
~Johnny~

No comments:

Post a Comment