Thursday, October 30, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 30: Maniac Mansion for NES

Day 30: Maniac Mansion - NES



I have already stated that I love Tim Schaffer, Haunted Mansions, and Point and Click Adventures. Given this information I am sure Maniac Mansion being on my list comes as no surprise to anyone. One thing that is different about Maniac Mansion from other games on this list is that I didn't get it for a birthday, and I didn't play it for the first time in October. Maniac Mansion was ported to the NES in September of 1990 but I didn't had never heard of it. I picked this game up in the summer of 1994 on a whim for a local game store that sold used video games for $5 (cart only).

Very shortly after beginning the game I knew I had found a gem, and a game almost custom tailored to my individual taste. I have since played through this game 3 or 4 times all in the month of October. Maniac Mansion is a splendid Halloween game that story wise still holds up. Maniac Mansion did receive a sequel  called Day of the Tentacle but it was for the PC only, I keep hoping it will be ported to Xbox Live or PSN. Something interesting I just found out is that it had a TV show that ran for 3 seasons and was over 60 episodes.

I must find the TV Show
~Johnny~

No comments:

Post a Comment