Monday, October 6, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 6: Ghost 'N Goblins & Ghouls 'N Ghosts

Day 6: Ghost 'N Goblins & Ghouls 'N Ghosts



Ghost 'N Goblins & Ghouls 'N Ghosts are not the same game but when I was a kid I didn't know that. I thought that for some reason Sega had to change the name as to not get in trouble with Nintendo. Looking back at this series, including Super Ghouls N Ghost, is that it feels like Halloween and horror, but it's not full of gore, it didn't have to be a first person to achieve it's atmosphere.  If you haven't played any games in this series they are pretty similiar, Ultimate Ghouls and Ghost on the PSP was a good deal of fun and looked great, but be warned these games are hard, and unforgiving. I remember throwing my controller a few times over Ghost N Goblins on the NES.

Quick note, if you are Familiar with the Maximo games on the PS2 this is the series it was derived from.

1 comment:

  1. My only real experience with the series was with the Master System Ghouls 'n Ghosts, which I found rather enjoyable.
    At the time I thought it would be great to try the Mega Drive superior version, but alas... Never got to see it, then I grew up and the interest faded.
    These are all very nice games though, and a great choice for your reminiscence series. :)

    ReplyDelete