Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Games That Make You Think of Halloween Day 7: Eternal Darkness for Gamecube

Day 7: Eternal Darkness - Gamecube



If you own a Gamecube or a Wii and haven't played this you are missing out. It came out in the summer of 2002 but I got it for my birthday in October. I spent several late night in a row playing it and then a few more late nights immediately replaying it. This was Nintendo's first M rated game and they knocked it out of the park. I felt like I was living a lovecraftian horror story while playing this game, not playing a game about lovefraftian horror. I keep waiting for a sequel for this game, and while it's been talked about it doesn't seem likely. At this point I'd even take an HD remake. My one knock on this game, and Metroid Prime, is that it showed us a world where Nintendo understood it's market had grown up, but not grown apart from gaming. This world was never realized, and the era of the Wii would soon arrive. 

Go Buy This Game.
~Johnny~

No comments:

Post a Comment